I love the combination of blueberries and lemon. They are a match made in heaven. Cobbler is one of my favorite desserts. So it seems logical to combine it all in one dish.
The nice part about cobbler is since it has fruit in it, it’s healthy, right? For my family, cobbler has always been more cake-like unlike what is found in the south, which is ironic since my grandpa was from the south.
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 4 cups frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, and 1/2 cup melted and cooled slightly
- 1/3 cup brown rice flour
- 1/3 cup sorghum flour
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 3 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1-1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cup So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- Preheat oven to 350. In bowl of food processor, place 1/3 cup sugar and lemon zest, and pulse 5 times. With a potato masher, mash two tablespoons of lemon sugar with the blueberries in a bowl until berries are coarsely mashed. Heat 1/4 cup coconut oil in a 13" by 9" baking dish in the preheating oven until melted.
- In medium bowl, whisk flours, starches, xanthum gum, baking powder, salt, and sugar together. In a larger bowl, whisk in coconut milk, and 8 tablespoons of melted coconut milk. Whisk in dry ingredients until smooth; it should be the consistency of slightly thick pancake mix.
- Pour half of the batter into the baking dish with the oil. Spoon blueberry mixture over the batter. Top with remaining batter. Sprinkle remaining lemon sugar over the cobbler. Bake 45-55 minutes, until golden, and berries are bubbling. Let cool slightly before serving. Serve with coconut whipped cream or dairy-free ice cream.