Every dinner I try to have a big serving of greens. That usually means a salad of romaine lettuce with my favorite vinaigrette. And that gets old really fast.
Something nice to do for a change of pace is a slaw. When utilizing a bag of coleslaw mix, slaws can be whipped up as fast as a standard romaine salad.
I didn’t want a mayonnaise laden salad though (vegan or otherwise). I wanted one with lightness, and also creaminess. That’s where this recipe comes in. Yogurt gives the creaminess and lightness while the combination of the rice vinegar and honey give it a sweet n’ sour taste.
- 2/3 cup So Delicious cultured coconut milk (yogurt), plain
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha (chili-garlic sauce)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 16 oz bag coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 scallions, green part only, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk first 8 ingredients. Add coleslaw mix, cilantro, scallions, and sesame seeds. Toss to combine. I find that using my hand is the easiest way to get every piece of the slaw evenly covered with the dressing. Serve.